Sunday, April 11, 2010

Question 4

In the introduction to the chapter study (p. 240) Shelia talks about freedom. Freedom from relationships, career pressures and other situations. Many times in my life I have attempted to flee to “freedom” by moving, changing relationships, changing schools, homes, etc. I am still learning that God gives us freedom in any situation when we are living with and for Him. Can you relate? Have you or do you flee from pieces of your life instead of looking to God for true freedom?

2 comments:

  1. yeah, i totally related to this. i think that i keep thinking the next thing in my life will be freeing--before istarted med school, it was starting med school. now i think i'll feel free when i can leave california and start residency somewhere new. it never ends. but i'm really working towards developing a sense of freedom and peace in letting go and giving God the go-ahead to run the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever feel free or be free as long as I am trying to manage my life. I think it goes back to what we talked about earlier - about how we (I) often try to plan every detail of our (my) lives. I think that as long as we try to micro-manage our lives...we won't be free. I think that we are only truly free when we lose all control and trust God.

    ReplyDelete