Thursday, May 13, 2010

Question 1

This chapter talks about Tabitha... the only women in the Bible to be labeled as a "disciple" of Christ. She is a women described, not as a hard headed, driven man-women kind of women but instead someone who was gentle, quiet and just gave to others when she could. I think that lots of times when we try to "be somebody" for God we think we need to be like a man-disciple. Be a modern, do it all, with-it kind of career women. This women was the soft, compassionate women who worked quietly for God. How do we become this kind of women-disciple?

2 comments:

  1. I think that God calls us to be all sorts of disciples for Him. Some women I know CANT be the quiet, understanded disciple...it's just not their personality. So instead of seeing the strong, career-oriented, must do it all woman disicple...or the quiet, behind the scenes kind of disciple, I think we just need to recognize the personality and strengths that God has given us and become a disciple in whatever way fits us best. I don't think God cares how we love and serve Him...He just wants to be loved and served.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you BUT... Isn't God molding us all to His character and making us more compassionate, caring, etc. And as women I think we need both traits being able to be soft and strong "do-it all". I really struggle with my soft side, especially as a pastors wife... needing to be compassionate to people in need.

    ReplyDelete